About Me

My photo
Hello there from sunny Nth Qld in Australia...the luckiest country on the planet AT THE MOMENT! I'm retired and recently widowed. I love to travel . Airplane, boat, walking but mostly by means of my motorcycle. I love to garden too. I have a wee small doggie named George and an old cat named Kitty. Two years on from Tim passing we three have almost sorted out living without him. I think it will be 'almost' forever more.Can't see me being over it completely if you know what I mean. I intend to fill these blogs with my journey on my bike.Too much has happened in the space between today and my last blog. This is my last ditch effort to revive my creative writing skills.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sad day.




Today was a very sad one. Our beloved pet Sheree was killed in our driveway. The worst thing was she ran in front of Maddie's car. There wasn't a mark on her; it was as though she were asleep. Not so our hearts; shattered and completely broken. She is buried down in the paddock wrapped in her favourite blanket. We all said a few words over her, thanking her for the unconditonal love, faithfulness and loyalty she gave. There will be no greetings at the gate from today; no excited little creature bursting with delight to see us arrive home whether it be an hour or a day or a month. It was quick at least and she suffered no pain. I couldn't believe she could be dead she looked so perfect. I kept touching her and putting my head to her still lifeless body trying to hear a heart beat or sense her breath. But no...she passed on. Poor Maddie. It was not her fault. Sheree ran into her car with excitement. I wish it was me who did it so my daughter didn't have to feel the pain of guilt that comes with such an incident. I wish today could be run again. I'd sleep all day and let Sheree snuggle up beside me, safe. Damn it.

3 comments:

  1. Such sad news. Sheree was a lovely little dog. I remember how devastated I was when I lost my Mitzie a few years ago. I still miss her. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will come a day when you find that one stray dog hair on a cardigan and then you will love her all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nup...I don't wear cardigans and she didn't shed. She just got woolier and woolier. A shaggy raggy cuddly always at your side friend. I am still breathing and my blood is still pumping but every few minutes my heart 'blimps' as I think of her. I can't wait till I don't miss her anymore. Thank you for your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete